We are the Asset Management division of Close Brothers, a FTSE 250 leading UK merchant banking group. Our clients are professionals, business owners, individuals, and families, who rely on our high-quality financial advice and investment services to preserve and grow their long-term savings and investments.
Close Brothers Asset Management is made up of roughly 800 employees. We are based throughout the UK, working out of our 11 offices. Thanks to our widespread geographic footprint across the UK, we are able to achieve strong, long-term relationships with our clients by offering face-to-face interaction and a local touch.
We know that outstanding individuals help drive our business forward, deliver exceptional service for our clients and continue to build Close Brothers’ longstanding reputation as a leading merchant banking group.
Vacancies - apply to work with us
We hire outstanding individuals by recruiting employees from across the UK and from a range of backgrounds and experiences. If you think you are ready to make your mark with Close Brothers Asset Management, click below to find an opportunity.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees at Close Brothers Asset Management.
Our employee benefits package is made up of core and other benefits, including a range of wellbeing services and ways to save for the future.
A selection of our benefits
- Private Medical Insurance - up to Family Cover.
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Group Stakeholder Pension - 10% employer contributions when employees contribute a minimum of 5.3%.
Cost saving and discount schemes
- Save As You Earn – An easy way to put money aside each month.
- Buy As You Earn – An opportunity to acquire shares in Close Brothers.
- Give As You Earn – A chance to donate to charities through payroll.
- Childcare Vouchers
- Season Ticket Loan
- Ride to Work Scheme – Cycling incentives including savings on bikes and accessories.
- O2 Mobile – Discounts on o2 Refresh tariffs.
- Financial Advice – A no-charge initial meeting and discounted initial fees.
- More@Close Discounts – An employee discount shopping scheme
Employee wellbeing benefits
- GymFlex – An opportunity to buy gym membership via salary sacrifice.
- Nuffield Health – Discounted Heath Checks for employees and their family.
- Simply Health – An everyday healthcare cash plan, e.g. dental, eye tests and physiotherapy.
- Employee Assistance Programme – A free 24/7 confidential support and information service.
- Eye Care – £75 towards glasses prescribed for VDU use.
- Buy Holiday – Up to five days additional holiday per year.
- Christmas Shopping Day
Our work experience programme provides the opportunity to develop workplace skills, boost your CV and help with your career choices.
Unfortunately, due to the current ongoing situation with COVID-19, we have currently put our work experience for 2021 on hold. In the meantime, you are still welcome to send across the completed form below and your CV to CBAM.HR@closebrothers.com.
If we are able to run our programme at some point during the year, we will get back in touch with you. If you do not hear back from us, unfortunately this will mean we have had to cancel our programme for 2021. Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.
Successful applicants work alongside business experts and are part of a team who will help support and guide them through practical on-the-job training.
We strive to offer all graduates the best experience in their particular area and we provide an opportunity to study towards a qualification, either a professional diploma in banking or an accreditation relevant to the business area.