How we are preparing to minimise disruption to our business
You will be aware that the current outbreak of COVID-19 (also known as coronavirus) in the UK is having an impact on individuals, businesses and services. This is a rapidly changing situation as new information becomes available daily and the government updates their guidance and restrictions regularly.
At Close Brothers Asset Management we are working hard to ensure our key services and operations continue to function. We have been preparing and testing coordinated business continuity and pandemic response plans since news of the coronavirus first emerged. The goal of these plans is to protect our employees, enable us to service clients and continue to manage their investments, all with a minimal level of disruption if the situation escalates.
In order to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees and clients, we have implemented a range of precautionary measures. These include:
Restricting cross-site travel; work-from-home policy for colleagues who are able to.
- We are keeping our colleagues aware and informed of the changing advice from the government and health authorities, and any change in procedures being implemented as a result.
- We are actively encouraging and enabling telephone meetings with our clients and where essential.
- We have been obtaining reassurance from our third party suppliers that appropriate pandemic planning is in place and being executed.
- We have put in place detailed operational and technology plans that will enable us to conduct business as seamlessly as possible, including the use of specialist partner organisations, home working and re-location of critical teams and functions.
- We have undertaken significant planning and testing of these measures so that we are ready to implement them at short notice, in response to the evolving situation and in line with any advice from the UK government and health authorities.
We recognise that this is a highly uncertain and rapidly evolving situation, but we are well prepared and are doing everything we can to protect our employees and ensure we continue to deliver seamless service to clients.
If you have any queries or concerns, please speak to your Business Development Director or the IFA Relationship Team.
We will continue to provide business updates on this page, as well as sharing updates on market developments in our news and insights.